Thursday, June 05, 2008

Value Meal #5: Fishball + Kikiam + Proben + Kwek-kwek + Buko Juice = BINGO!


wahoy...You'd think I'd be moping around all day and all week because of that lie-low, no? I shouldn't be worried...Worrying causes wrinkles.

Okay.... providing na i'm A-okay today...I should be entertaining you with a susceptible blog entry by the end of this.

Let me press you with the things I'm kind of missing - and kind of anxious to be in again- this oncoming semester, of the torture that is being the architecture student:

1. Being an architecture student isn't actually a torture - letting myself suffer for insignificant things is the only torture I'm getting myself into when I can always do it the easy way.

2. Getting up at five o clock in the morning after you've just in fact laid yourself down an hour ago - the crammer that I am, I enjoy the adrenaline brought by worry over the submission deadline. The eye bags I flaunt are caused by my stubborn endeavours of not doing things earlier, sleeping late with excitement, panic and annoyance.

3. Carrying too much baggage just going to school early in the morning. The state university I'm staying does not provide lockers for the students. In effect, we are bound to carry a lot - what with all our drawing materials: a 36" t-square, humongous triangles, stacks of technical pens ranging from 0.1 to 1.0 plus and the shoulder-slung canister/s of rolled 20x 30 sheets of tracing paper. Don't forget the other things - drawing is not the only subject we have, you know.

4. Hunger strikes. Na-ah. Not those kind you're thinking. The canteen isn't that big and does not really provide for all the students - and faculty. The good thing is there are small carinderias out of the school grounds - only thing is you have to walk out beneath the scorching heat of the midday sun. Gutom ka na talaga pagdating mo don! Tapos pagbalik mo sa room e nawala na din yong kinain mo!

5. Long hours of back rocking beats.
Back rocking kasi you have to sit, stand then bend over. Nope, not Phys. Ed. Drafting hours. *grins* I'm not a tall person and I don't have long arms either so at times, in order to draw at the upper edge of my 20 x 30 sheet of tracing paper taped to the table, I have to stand and then bend or as my classmates would say crouch over. It's fun though. *laughs*

6. Blank outs. Sometimes theres just too much going on in my head that the concepts I want to deliver in my drawings are not that clear. Or worse, I can't even think of anything to draw! Note: Having a boyfriend can be an inspiration; just not at those LQ days.

7. Concerts ala Pavarotti or Regine Velasquez.
We have a knack of singing at the top of our lungs, my classmates and I - either in the classroom (when the profs' out), walking along the hallway or hanging out at the corridors - fun, fun, fun! Tapos mamumura ng dean kasi ang ingay ingay namin!

8. Picking street foods after a whole day's work.
Value Meal #1: Kwek-Kwek + Buko Juice = Ayos!
Value Meal #2: Fishball + Buko Juice = Ok!
Value Meal #3: Proben (chicken skin) + Buko Juice = Sakto!
Value Meal #4: Kikiam + Buko Juice = Ok sa Olrayt!
Value Meal #5: Fishball + Kikiam + Proben + Kwek-kwek + Buko Juice = BINGO!

9. NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD. hehe Sleep overs yan. Especially when our projects are done in groups. WOOOHOOO!!! We work quietly at the nights...yeah right!!! We'd be shouting and giggling and shouting again during planning and then like disco partying during drafting. Most fun times are during scale modelling. The host's whole floor would be littered with papers, boards, pencil shavings, and glue residue after our macabre dance. Hmmmm the best is when you're staying over at somebody's parents' house, you get a lot of free food. *grins* And with all the enchantment going on throughout these sleep overs - neighbors are surely stuffing their heads with their pillows so they can get SLEEP! Sleep overs - ironic - we don't even get sleep at times like these! *bwahahaha*

...AYON.... Di pa naka-sampu eh, no? *smirks* Namimiss ko yang mga ganyan - but it ought to be tiring - 4 years? Good Luck sa Kin!

P.S. Value Meal #6: A choice of Cream-O, C2, Nagaraya or Fudgee Bar - for the more sosyal.

No comments: