Due to our home's lack of television entertainment (my mom decided to cut off the cable because of the price hike), I don't enjoy much of what the present couch potatoes are enjoying. I get my news and entertainment from the world wide web as well as the local AM and FM stations. But recently, I'm feeling a bit left behind - my friends would talk about one such and such show and I wouldn't have a clue to whatever it is! Then they'd tell me that this such and such is the greatest show on TV these days - and damn if I'm missing even an episode! Hell, I'm missing on everything!
My sister, who fortunately enjoys an independent life in Quezon City, has her own TV though. And darn - it is gifted with the ways of the Cable Man! She came home just this Saturday and was pretty pissed at finding out about our demise. She then turned to computer - my only pleasure, these days - and took over. I hovered around her typing and clicking away. Something caught my eye....
"Sino si David Cook? (Who's David Cook?)"
She raised an eyebrow at me an pouted her lips in annoyance.
"Ha? Di mo kilala?! Yan ung sa American Idol! (Ha? You don't know him? He's from American Idol!)"
I turned a quizzical look at her.
"Eh, sorry! Hindi ko alam po! Wala naman TV dito e! (Eh, sorry! I didn't know! There's no TV here!"
She then opened another window showing David Cook in all his singing glory, ah, yes, the ever updated Youtube.
I took a sit beside her and watched that David Cook take on the crowd serenading with his version of Mariah Carey's "Always Be My Baby".
It then took me another three more videos to bask in David Cook. My sister is giggling all the way to the end of his songs. I can't share the same appreciation but that David Cook is good.
I listened attentively. There were such feeling in that one song he sang from the Phantom of the Opera fame. It was quite lovely.
Suddenly, my sister let out a shriek as she looked at the wall clock just ahead.
"Ay! Alis! Maya na ulit! Kaw kasi! Dami ko pa gagawin no?! (Ay! Go now! Oh, you! I still have many things to do, you know?!)"
I dread another day without the damn TV!

No comments:
Post a Comment